Welcome 6th Grade BAND Families!
Text @23mc6band to 81010 to receive remind texts from Mrs. Traughber about upcoming assignments and events!
Period 1: Horn (Gandy) & Tuba (Traughber)
Period 2: Flute (Traughber) & Percussion (Montez)
Period 3: Clarinet (Traughber)
Period 4: Conference
Period 5: Trumpet (Strahan) & Double Reeds (Martien & Traughber)
Period 6: Trombone (Traughber) & Euphonium (Strahan)
Period 7: Saxophone Traughber
Practice Journals are due weekly on Monday . Students will fill in what to practice at the end of each class with their teacher. Students will practice 20-30 minutes each night (or more!) and record that time on the journal. Parents will sign each weekend and the cycle repeats. Home practice is expected and required. The physical demands and muscle memory of producing a QUALITY sound, playing with clean technical accuracy, and the reading of music notation will be strengthened over time ONLY through CONSISTENT, DAILY PRACTICE. No instrument is to spend the night in the band hall
CHARMS is used for teacher/student/parent communication. It is one of the most important lifelines of our program. Please ensure you have updated your info so that you receive emails from the director.
1. Go to charmsoffice.com
2. Click on Login, and make sure to select parent/student/member
3. School code is mclean6band
4. Password is the students ID/Lunch Number
5. Scroll down when you see the different icons to the blue man that is labeled with update info.
6. Enter all student info and click the green button in the top right hand corner that says "update"
7. At the bottom there is a blue button that says "Add New Adult" Please do that and be sure to click the green update button to save. DONE!